- United Florida Horsemen Note Addition of Destination Casino Bill Sponsor Erik Fresen to 2014 Florida House Gaming Committee
- Gulfstream Park’s unusual GPTARP slots petition has Florida horsemen wary, Daily Racing Form’s Matt Hegarty Reports
- Florida’s Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Associations Urge Warring South Florida Tracks to Settle Their Differences—And Soon
- Florida’s Horsemen Note Selection of Spectrum Gaming Group For Comprehensive Legislative Gaming Study
- Florida Horsemen’s Kent Stirling In Florida Voices–Horse Racing Is Big Business; Don’t Dilute the Real Thing
Tag Archives: slots or bailout from the taxpayers of Florida
Quote from United Florida Horsemen on today’s Gadsden County slot referendum (1/31): Real Quarter Horse racing at Hialeah Park has out-earned and outperformed Gretna’s “pari-mutuel barrel racing” by over 99 percent—all with no cardrooms, slots or bailout from the taxpayers of Florida.
“Notwithstanding the fact that the Gadsden County Slot referendum was held based the unlawful premise of “pari-mutuel barrel racing,” the travesty is that, regardless, of tonight’s outcome, the people of Gadsden County and the City of Gretna are being … Continue reading